For ten weeks, starting late May or Early June through mid-August, our interns will learn about the inner-workings of our intersectional think tank, gaining insight into community organizing, research, and policy analysis. If you are interested in either law school, academia, research, writing, and activism, this internship could be a great fit. Interns will work 40 hours per week. A stipend will be available to cover certain expenses.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Reaching out to community organizations to build partnerships for local events organized by AAPF.
- Researching racial and gender policies and analyzing their effectiveness.
- Assisting operations and development efforts.
- Updated organization information, such as publications or other materials.
- Contributing to ongoing projects as needed.
We also encourage interns with specialized interests such as graphic design, multimedia experience, previous publications, and such to highlight these experiences, and we will find a space for you to develop these skills as well.
We welcome all interested applicants, including students of all years and majors, to apply. While we recognize that the internship will be a development opportunity, interns should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic proficiency in social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram). We are looking for analytical critical thinkers and problem solvers with strong communication and other interpersonal skills. At least a high school diploma, GED, or comparable work experience is required.
Please fill out the application located here AND submit the following materials in one document via email (1 page each, single sided, for a max of 3 pages total):
- Cover letter
- Response to the following two questions (300 words max for each response)
1. What does intersectionality mean to you?
2. How have you worked to uplift women and girls of color and promote their leadership?
All materials should be addressed to Cynthia at email@example.com. Please note that your application will not be viewed or considered complete until both the form and your materials have been submitted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a hard deadline of March 31. We will endeavor to respond to all applicants by the end of April.
Please feel free to circulate this description and application to your networks!